DUBLIN /PRNewswire/ --
The "Crohn s Disease Therapeutics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Therapy Type (Anti-inflammatory, Immune System Suppressors, Antibiotics, Surgical), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global crohn's disease therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 4.7 billion by 2025, registering a 2.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
Increasing awareness of the disease, coupled with rising initiatives by regulatory bodies for development of novel treatment options, is estimated to provide the market with high growth potential.
For instance, the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), in collaboration with Pfizer, supports research projects related to inflammatory bowel diseases and has offered three grants in their name. The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, European Federation of Crohn's & Ulcerative Colitis Associations, and American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association are some of the organizations providing funds for research.
Furthermore, increase in prevalence of Crohn's disease has directed many companies to collaborate with various regulatory bodies and research institutes to introduce novel and effective treatment for the condition. In 2016, Pfizer's Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) collaborated with Johns Hopkins University to discover new medicines to treat Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global Crohn's disease therapeutics market size was estimated at USD 3.8 billion in 2016 and is expected to register a CAGR of 2.4% from 2017 to 2025
- Anti-inflammatory emerged as the largest therapy type segment in 2016 due to its efficacy, while immune system suppressors emerged as the fastest growing segment owing to reduction in surgeries and hospitalization rates
- North America dominated in terms of revenue in 2016 owing to rise in prevalence of the disease and increase in involvement of regulatory bodies in terms of funding R&D initiatives
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness lucrative growth at a CAGR of over 4.0% over the forecast period due to various developments in healthcare infrastructure and rapid economic development across major emerging economies such as India and China
- Some of the key players in the market are Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.; Pfizer Inc.; Allergan; and AbbVie Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology & Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3. List of Data Sources
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Market Snapshot
Chapter 3. Crohn's Disease Therapeutics Industry Outlook
3.1. Market segmentation
3.2. Market size and growth prospects, 2014 - 2025
3.3. Value chain analysis
3.4. Regulatory Framework
3.5. Market dynamics
3.5.1. Market driver analysis
3.5.2. Market restraint analysis
3.6. Key opportunities prioritized
3.7. Industry analysis - Porter's
3.8. PESTEL analysis, 2016
Chapter 4. Crohn's Disease Therapeutics: Therapy Type Outlook
4.1. Crohn's disease therapeutics market share by therapy type, 2014 & 2025 (USD Billion)
Chapter 5. Crohn's Disease Therapeutics Market: Regional Outlook
5.1. Crohn's disease therapeutics market share by region, 2015 & 2025 (USD Billion)
Chapter 6. Competitive Landscape
6.1. Strategy Framework
6.2. Market Participation Categorization
Chapter 7. Company Profiles
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Allergan Inc.
- Perrigo Company PLC
- Pfizer Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Janssen Biotech Inc.
- Ferring B.V.
- Celgene Corporation
- Genentech Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals
- UCB S.A.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ctbmjx/global_crohns?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716