Norwalk, CT, March 30, 2018 -- Avara Pharmaceutical Services, a world-class contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), today announced that the acquisition of the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) manufacturing facility in Aiken, South Carolina (USA) is complete.
Timothy C. Tyson, Chairman and CEO of Avara, stated, "The completion of this acquisition is an important component of our strategic plan. It expands our services by adding additional solid dose capability in the United States, which is in very high demand." We are excited to acquire the world class capability built by GSK in South Carolina and to welcome the Aiken team to the Avara family.
Following completion of the transaction with GSK, Avara Pharmaceutical Services now has eight sites: three in the United States, including corporate headquarters, one in Puerto Rico, one in the UK, one in Ireland, one in Italy, and one in France.
- Norwalk, CT (USA) – Corporate HQ
- Arecibo, Puerto Rico – Secondary manufacturing and packaging
- Shannon, Ireland – API formulation and manufacturing
- Norman, OK (USA) – Secondary manufacturing and packaging
- Avlon, United Kingdom – API formulation and manufacturing
- Liscate, Italy – Sterile manufacturing and packaging
- Reims, France – Secondary manufacturing and packaging
- Aiken, South Carolina – Secondary manufacturing and packaging
"We continue with great confidence to add services and capabilities with complementary offerings in key regions. Each of our site teams have significant professional experience, state-of-the-art capabilities and long histories of delivering high quality pharmaceuticals that meet or exceed customer expectations and regulatory requirements to every major market around the world.” added Tyson.
SOURCE Avara Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.